View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Lets Talk Animals - Guides/Totems/ Familiars ect .

Hello

Lets talk animals and how we feel they break down into different levels. There is no right and wrong here I feel as we all learn things from so many sources.

Share what you might know, books you like, cards, or other ideas. Personal experiences are also good.

What is the difference between a Spirit Animal and a Totem Animal?

The Spirit animal is the one that will present the life lessons to a person. The Spirit Animal is the one that will show you a path using its own unique animal abilities and talents. They are not there so much to guide as they are there to teach you what you need to learn. They are not one’s that are always with us they can come in and out of our life paths.

Example I can give is one I have with me is a wolf it is not always with me but when I need the extra senses and cunning it has he/she will come in. The wolf has that sense of smell and hearing too it has that aggressive nature to it. It is a strong hunter and protector but is also a social animal in its pack.

What the Spirit Animal does for you is takes your 5 senses you already have and enhances them in the 6th sense level. Gives you that little extra bit of insights that you would not normally have.
Often when you have an animal card reading done, you might well find that the animals that show up in the reading are one’s that have seen in your life path or in your dream journeys.

It is said that you do not choose your Spirit Animal it chooses to come and work with you.

A Totem Animal is one that you can call in either on your own or with a group tribal blessing event. I called mine in with a Native Naming I had done. Mine was the Crow as it is one that has always been with me.

We tend to want powerful animals but we have to remember that every animal has it special talents and place or role in nature. Remember when calling in an animal that you’re picking one for the abilities you really want to have enhanced.

The one that I connect with the most is an Animal Familiar. This for me holds the most connections from the past lives and my present life connection.

The Animal Familiar is it is one that you are closely associated with, there is a more intimate connection with this animal.

Webster’s defines the word “familiar” as closely acquainted; an intimate associate or companion; a spirit often embodied in an animal and held to attend and serve or guard a person.

The Shadow Animal comes to us for the lessons you have not learned. It will show up to you until that change has taken place. This animal most times comes at a point in your life where you’re facing great confusions. It stays in the shadows and will not show full form to you.

The Journey Animal comes to you when you are making a life path journey change. This is the animal that will be there to guide you home if you have lost your path.

I can relate to this on a personal level. On a very nasty stormy day we came to find The Tor (a tower on a hill in England) and climbed to the top of it. With 60MPH winds blowing I was literally frozen in fear about going back down the hill.

There were no sheep in the field when we climbed to the top but there were sheep in the field at the bottom when it was time for me to go down. It was the sheep that helped me down, seeing them there getting larger and larger as I made my way down, got me down safe and sound. It was funny how many of them in the pasture turned to look at me. I felt guided by them.

The Life Animal is one that is said to always be with you and is there on the deeper levels of our spiritual being. This is an animal that can work with other animals and is one that will help to open your abilities. It might well be the one that teaches you the life skills you need.

The Medicine Animal bring in that healing element and that feeling of comfort you need at times of illness. This animal comes to you when you call to them, and will be with you only until your healing path is completed. Here again it is an animal that you can choose for their attributes.

For me a favorite book is Animal Majick by DJ Conway.

Lynn