View Single Post
Old 20-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I see spiritual people ((not specifically here, but in general over the years..)) talking the talk about cessation of attachment, desire etc. but not always walking the walk.. because you would have to renounce many things you still deem ''necessary'', like certain foods, habits, and activities. And to do it completely you would have to live in a monastery as a monk if you were serious about your perception of ''I am very advanced spiritually''.. IMO!

The rest of us try and balance things..

Yeah, a lot of it involves balance. After all if you don't then you'll probably slip out into another dimension and become crazy once you try to shove it into a brain that's not ready.

But it's really funny, spirituality. We want to be grounded to this physical world and have no idea what it's like on the other side and so we think of it as a progression of young to old and us having the goal of Nirvana.

I say just chill. If you want to see the larger picture than yes, fasting and fixing up habits will help loosen up your energy flows a lot. That'll in turn free up the energy for you to put towards working on your mind.