View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesliketoplay
Thanks, Jyotir, but in this scenario, how are decisions made? You come to a fork in the road and keep walking, in surrendering one's will so to speak, how is a choice made and how does one distinguish between's one own will and that of God?

Hi beesliketoplay,

In spite of sincere best effort, there is ignorance, failure, as well as correct action and success. The fact is: Unless and until we are very far along on the path, we don't know the bigger picture (i.e. operating in pure truth-consciousness), and therefore often don't have the capacity to make that assessment of our actions in the larger context, and frequently even for ourselves. This is why offering results of all action is wise. Be sincere and true to self in the moment, but then offer all results (which is detachment - not indifference) - God knows; God forgives; God provides opportunity; God transforms consciousness accordingly. Attachment to ignorance and failure, incessant retrospection, guilt and regret cannot be progressive. We need to move forward.

Intuition is the descent of a higher consciousness, more illumined, subjective and holistic than objective desire-rational-ego-mind. It is ultimately more reliable provided it is not doubted (negated) or contaminated by lower cognitive function, which happens often ("Why didn't I listen to that intuition?!"; "Why did I know and feel the 'right' thing, but end up doing the 'wrong' thing??")

The traditional prescription within a dedicated spiritual practice is to:
1) offer results of all action to God, which leads increasingly to
2) intuiting God's Will, which leads increasingly to
3) becoming God's Will (this is obviously an advanced stage, which cannot be approached without first having substantial basis in the 2 previous)

~ J