View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Master

Puzzling about my initial contribution to this topic and how important the word 'overwhelming' is reminded me of some of the quotes I've heard or read at different times.

The best way to use these quotes is to take a short cut and say 'We spend our lives looking at things but not seeing them'. This well explains that moment when the world appeared to me as something 'impossible'. Not only did I see it so but I understood it so. This 'understanding' has burned into my mind.

Leonardo de Vinci seems to have spent a great part of his life in such a state of other consciousness. He even said people don't see the things they are looking at. Another person who comes to mind is Emanuel Swedenborg who seems to have spent the latter years of his life on this earth but in another condition of consciousness. C.J.Jung was someone who experienced altered states of consciousness, in his book 'Memories, Dreams and Reflections' he relates how in the Sistene Chapel he was surprised at the beautiful light. Upon remarking to his friend who had accompanied him about this wonderful illumination his friend looked at him in amazement saying how he thought it was so dim in that place.

From all those people who have experienced OBEs or NDEs - some of whom I know - only one has ever said that in her opinion her experience was due to brain chemistry. She's a psycholgist.

The discovery that a single atom possibly has consciousness forces us, should it be proven, to the old rock, plant, animal, human steps of ascendency. Starting indeed with the BB.