View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Increasingly over the years I have begun to feel that reality and God is just playing stupid games with me. My feeling is that the gist of these 'games' is to encourage me to EMPOWER myself and be self dependent. It is like these foolish games are telling me the folly of being too dependent upon others.

It really hurts! The most sad and pathetic situations arise whereby I am cornered into asserting my own Godhood. But the trouble is I am in the dark and I am never sure what is going on. It is like being deeply disrespected by God.

You can't know God until you conquer your own image of him.

"Do we cast blame on him [God] because we were not made gods from the beginning, but were at first created merely as men, and then later as gods? Although God has adopted this course out of his pure benevolence, that no one may charge him with discrimination or stinginess, he declares, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are sons of the Most High." ... For it was necessary at first that nature be exhibited, then after that what was mortal would be conquered and swallowed up in immortality. Irenaeus "

The essence of this is to realize who it is you are calling God. Identity must eventually resolve to you. To accomplish this, you are negating all things, yet confirming them. Use Tantra as an example. In tantric systems, the text you venerate will include the throne of the God you worship. With all Tantric rituals, the text becomes the body (you). This is known as divinisation. You can realize this easily by seeing it this way: Do you know a Catholic by the text they venerate? Do you know an American by the constitution they follow? Do you know a Hindu by the Vedas they use for religious practice? Do you know a Spiritual person by the ritual of meditation? In these cases, the text becomes the body we develop. An athlete is known by the body they develop. Look up the word divinisation.

Why do you see a trick in this? Once you gain enough mental mastery over any tantric body you develop, you will see the inherent flaw in the relative system. The flaw is both in you and in the system used to discover it. This is know in the world of Zen as sickness and medicine. Both are used as expedient means to bring you to the higher truth of mastery over both. There are two aphorisms that outline this: Sickness and medicine cancel each other. The same hand that gives sickness is the same hand that gives medicine. Who owns the hand? YOU!

Consider it this way: If you are fatigued, who worked you too hard? You. This is sickness. What is the medicine for fatigue? Rest. Who gave you the rest? You. If you were to go to sleep at a set time, wake at a set time and regulate your work, would you experience a higher virtue? Yes. This is mastery over the mean. All virtues are prerequisite. You cannot have peace without being peaceful. In the case of the 'trick' you are experiencing, the joker is you.

Consider these examples from my own reasoning on this subject: LINK

Life is about experience and individuation. Each body you master is a new ability you use to rule (self-govern). The process is called expedient means. The means is not the destination. Expedient means are not necessarily moral or ethical. Necessity is an imbalance (suffering = Dukkha). Dukkha (Pāli; Sanskrit: duḥkha; Tibetan: སྡུག་བསྔལ་ sdug bsngal, pr. "duk-ngel") is an important Buddhist concept, commonly translated as "suffering", "pain" or "unsatisfactoriness".

Dukkha is more like a wheel out of balance. You are required to become the master of the spokes. Each body you conquer is another bike you ride. Suffering practice is necessary. Learn to ride a bike and move on to a car. You might look back at the bike as less of a vehicle (body). What was the trick to riding? Balance. This is translational symmetry of invariance. Invariance never changes, but your translation does. This is required for balance. It's not a trick, but the process to rise to new bodies and modes of existence. Rising to new life requires baptism into a body. There are more bodies than the one you use as the primary took (Buddha Body). BUDH in Sanskrit means to awaken.

In order to drive a car, you are not first tricked into riding a bike. Bikes are expedient means to higher forms of travel, just as lower contradictions are necessity to higher forms of reason and axioms of truth. While a lower form of truth seems childish after learning the higher truth, so the mind must use expediency to find the higher axiom. You can't do Calculus without knowing basic math.

Only a God can worship God. Seeking divinity is the process to know yourself. Negate all things that do not belong by conquering them with mastery. Rule self as a King to know God inside. God is the goal, not a single person.

Quote:
It really hurts! The most sad and pathetic situations arise whereby I am cornered into asserting my own Godhood. But the trouble is I am in the dark and I am never sure what is going on. It is like being deeply disrespected by God.

You are the dweller on the threshold. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ln-H2HV6o0 The concept you aim for is the one you become. LOVE is the greatest virtue and concept of all. God is Love. Truth is this simple. Become what God is. In the mean time, expedient means by sickness and medicine. God is neutral / positive (Dzogchen - ZEN). To be neutral, relative must be equalized. To be positive at all times, negative must be conquered. It's always you.