View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
From what I know, your post gives bad advice: fructose is worse among simple sugars, and feeds all degenerative diseases, as studies show.

Read this:

I did go on to mention what you did about fructose being an issue, in a later reply.

However in my original reply I was speaking on studies I have read, and have shared my experience. I should however, had made a disclaimer to of course speak with a trained dietician and not someone you hear from on a forum. That would really be detrimental to ones health.

And anything, as they say, should be consumed in moderation.
Quote:
Fruits vs. Fructose

The studies from Teff and Stanhope's groups involved fructose-sweetened beverages, not on the effects of eating whole fruit in a naturally-occurring form. Fortunately, other researchers have begun looking at the short- and long-term effects of eating whole fruit.
...fruit consumption may protect against the development of diabetes.

From a long-term, population-based perspective, fruit consumption may protect against the development of diabetes. In a British study of 5,996 people not known to have diabetes, those reporting eating fruit five or more times per week had a slightly lower hemoglobin A1c (5.33% vs. 5.43%).4 While just a small difference, it was nonetheless statistically significant, and suggests overall fruit consumption may have some protective effect against the development of type 2 diabetes, although it could be that fruit consumption was otherwise linked to other healthy behaviors and fruit has no direct effect. A meta-analysis of similar epidemiologic studies sought to examine the relationship between fruit consumption and the development of type 2 diabetes. These researchers found a non-significant trend toward reduced rates of diabetes among those with the highest fruit consumption, though the researchers noted a high degree of variability in the study making it difficult to draw firm conclusions.5 (The protective effects of green, leafy vegetables were much clearer in this analysis, so don’t forget to eat more kale.)
....benefits in the low-GI fruit group [may include] a reduction in blood sugar...an increase in healthy HDL cholesterol...and a reduction in blood pressure...