View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 03:37 AM
travelgirlfl

Hi Jan--

Oh, my, I can so feel for you, I'm so so sorry! My fiance that has also passed and I have such a similar story -- dated in high school, reunited 21 years later (he was 40, I am 39), planned to spend our lives together and 6 months into our renewed relationship, he was killed by a drunk driver.

That was 6 months ago and I am still very much in my grief and mourning his loss, and the loss of our lives together. Just because you had broken up right before his passing, doesn't mean you wouldn't be having similar feelings, I'd imagine. My heart aches for you!

I also have felt Kelly, my beloved, visit me in not identical but similar ways as you described. Yes, I definitely believe those who have passed try to reach out & comfort us, and let us know they are still with us, and still care for us, in many ways.

I've been reading extensively on life after death just to try to understand what he might be experiencing (I was never worried his wasn't okay, I believed he was in a wonderful place and full of love & light). The books I've read as well as talking to a psychic that confirmed some personal things between he & I and then some messages from him in his new spirit form have brought me comfort, though it is just hard.

Personally, I don't think grieving our loved ones that have passed over harms them in anyway. I believe they are immersed in too much Love from Source to be harmed. I believe there is only compassion, love and caring from all from the Beyond; they certainly don't want us to suffer, but I believe they understand that humans experience pain and sadness often after a loved one passes; they simply do what they can to comfort us, let us know they still love us, and help us heal and keep living (vs. getting stuck in our grief and despair) . . .

I have felt that 'spirit touch' as you mentioned, I have felt his presence/personality essence is a way I can describe it in the room with me, I have felt lots of love coming my way, and many other ways I know he is with me . . . and yes, I talk to him all the time & encourage you to do the same -- either in your head or out loud (out loud can feel really weird at first :) but I find I like doing it now) In fact, it's one of the thing the psychic said to me "he says you can talk to him anytime"; she said & I have read numerous places they can hear us. Sometimes I feel like I "hear" (more like 'sense' or have thoughts of) his reply -- and sometimes I figure they MUST be him, because what I 'hear'/sense is NOT what I want to hear :) Lol!

I could go on & on as I feel we are having very similar experiences right now. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to chat, either here or privately.

Sending you a hug & some comfort to help you get through day by day --

Shannon