View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Experiencer

Saturnine Pluto.

I tried to get the computer to quote, but I think it was confused. So I cut and pasted some of what you wrote. You're in purple and I'm the other color.

I always go into my readings with the intention to be as of as much help and service to the sitter as I can possibly. Obviously we do not usually go into readings looking to hurt others. I do not know if I have or not. If I have or do I actually do expect the sitter to tell me this honestly. I ask for no charge for readings, only feedback if any are able. I expect if I say something that could upset someone that they tell me honestly hey this upsets me.. That way I know where their limits are. I also expect to be told if I am wrong about something. That itself negates hurt feelings right there. If I say for an example (I have never said this to anyone btw) "An impression of arguing a bit too much with those around is coming through, I am not sure if this relates or not". And they tell me No not so. I respond thank you for your honesty here. That helps to clear things right there. I 100 percent do not mind at all being told where and if I am wrong. That is why I do this in the first place. To improve. But yes I have had readings where very sensitive info has come. If it is really painful, there are instances I will absolutely not reveal to sitter. An example is I read for an individual who asked in regards to her relationship (I really do not relish relationship readings because they can hurt). I was reading for her, she was happy with the relationship, however my feelings were that something was very very wrong. I kept getting the thought He is seeing someone else. At first I heard the thought, and thought myself.... I am not in any way going to tell her that... I did not want to tell her that at all. I did not want to say that and have it be wrong, and I didn't want to say it and actually have it be right. The thought would not let it go so easily. "You need to tell her he is seeing someone else"
Me- Really?... Thought/Guide dude What have you- Yes God damn you!!!
What don't you understand? He is seeing someone else. She deserves the truth!" Me- If it proves wrong I will feel awful for saying that to someone,
if it proves right I will feel awful for telling her and being right, there is no situation here where it wont be painful, I absolutely refuse to tell her this,
I don't care what you think". Guide/Thought/Male voice- I am sorry about this. I am sorry that I know. But it is the truth. Be aware, irregardless of whether you tell her or not, it is the truth. He is seeing Someone else. Whether you tell her now or she finds out later, she will find out. And I will make sure you find out, you will know when she does. And it is still going to hurt, and bad. And I am truly sorry for this.

That is what the male voice said. And she found out. And it still hurts.

Sometimes I don't really want to know.

That's a very helpful post. I like that phrase, "I'm not sure if this relates or not." It's something I've wondered many times when I get information, and you've just shown me how to put into words. I just didn't realize I could just say it.

And finding out if I'm wrong about something is important. It can help me see things more clearly, and hopefully help the querent, too. I hadn't thought to tell the famous psychic that he was wrong. So that's another issue I should raise when I give a reading: tell me if something feels wrong. It's possible it's for someone else or fits in a different way. Reminds me of writing. I used to be a writer. Loved it. But people really hated giving honest feedback, which is exactly what I needed to improve. I got all the honest feedback I wanted in graduate school, and eventually I started getting some stuff published. Honest feedback is a gift.

Thanks for sharing the example of the sensitive information. I can see not wanting to tell the querent. I found myself nodding when you wondered if you might be wrong. I do that, too. And even if I were sure I'm getting the message right, I don't want to just hand over power to my guide and do whatever s/he thinks. The guide is there to GUIDE, not run our lives. I'm not sure if I'm expressing all this the way I want to or not. When I first started getting words sometimes I'd get phrases that could have really upset me if I'd let them, but I realized without the context and knowledge of who was saying the message and for whom, I really didn't know very much. For example, getting "b52" could, I suppose, make us afraid that there's gonna be a war. I had no idea that it was my brother who was thinking of requesting that a b-52 be flown to honor my father. I think that early cynicism (not sure if that's the word i want) helped me not be afraid when I encountered phrases that might, by themselves be threatening.

But what I wanted to say is that your response above really gets at the heart of how complex it can be to try to help others. Ugh. You wrote that sometimes you don't really want to know, and I can see why. But I've never had anything yet that has been that sticky.

I am absolutely certain I have heard of the name Errol,
I am not sure if this is correct, but now that memory serves me, I looked up the name in relation to angelic beings last night, as you mentioned Ariel but no results, but I think I remember now. Errol unless I need to update my Greek Mythology knowledge off the top of my head, I thought may be a Greek God. A love God Like Aphroditie is a love goddess. Then again perhaps it was not Greek, but Roman? That is all I can think of there.

The more I think of it, the more I think it wasn't Ariel. The word was too clear, too different. It was Errol. After reading your response, I looked up Errol and discovered that it's the name of the owl in the Beasley family in Harry Potter. And that kinda struck a chord because the sound of the air humming could have been like bird wings. Maybe it was a message that angels are present? I really don't know. I wonder if Mojo Pan has any idea?

Thanks again for your comments. I find them useful and encouraging as I try to "place myself" in this new world I've entered.