View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intj123
Well I never found a solution. Except not being around them. But even that one time they read my mind from miles away, so it's not even like putting distance between you and them can completely stop it either, but it probably helps, out of sight out of mind.

I've noticed that overcoming this has a lot to do with overcoming anxiety. If you've ever experienced anxiety and got over it, this aspect isn't different at all. You will have to learn to fare well in the fire. And ever so gradually, it will no longer be a fire. The concept of it once being so scary to you will even become laughable. I've had a few more experiences around crowds yesterday evening. Whatever strain of thoughts that have come to my head that have been read time and time again by others, I'm wising up to the fact and not going for it. Recognize any triggers that might make you ramble on, then have the will to fight it. Eventually you will win.

The people I see every day that hear thoughts have told me to "learn to shut it down/off". And recently, on two separate occasions, something to the effect of "whatever you're thinking, I can't hear it". It implies that the secret involves turning something off, which you should use your intuition to pinpoint exactly. And if you find any basic concept of it, please do share it. The implication I've got from the second thing said to me is that you will still be able to "think" how you've known to up until the moment people started reading your thoughts. This makes sense. All my life and all throughout last year except those two incidents, I've been thinking whatever I want and people haven't been responding as if they heard it. And never relate this to any kind of lowered awareness. I was wrong to suggest that. This is not true and will only bring a subconscious hesitation to do what you feel would work. Simply put, there is a certain strain of thought that is readable, and this strain hasn't brought me or anyone I know any kind of enlightenment. It's only driving me insane.
It's another learning experience. And if someone is afraid to put in all their effort to learn and experience, they will never make any real progress.