View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What is the spiritual significance of Pride? It holds an important role in the Old Testament, it is considered the cardinal sin by the Christians, the East suspiciously avoids mentioning it (correct me if I'm mistaken) or ropes it in with ego and thus underestimates it.

How do you understand it? To me it is a BIG issue. It lies at the crux of spiritual reality. I will wait till I hear what you have to say before I say more.

Everything we notice in the whole unfolding of you feeling/relating moves you into a greater view continuously of how you feel and move in life. So for me, even as all those descriptions in feeling something, without judgement and with conscious awareness of what I am feeling and its changing nature in me, I am open to what is, this then serves me to know I am not what I think. But my thinking shows me what I am holding onto. From there, when all the descriptions drop away and you feel content being you, you just be you. Learning other things like compassion, being humble and not taking yourself too seriously, understanding its not always about you and also honouring others in all this too, seems to build a deeper more open state of being ok in feeling whatever you feel. Joy for no reason seems the natural creative spirit of being for me. The tales around it all are not as important to me now as the joy of just being and doing what I love. Once you stop attaching to how you feel and calling it things, you learn to flow more freely and descriptions start to fade away and joy of being seems to take over. I call it joy, I suppose it is more open and unattached and just being.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder