Thread: Is it my fault?
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
There's nothing wrong with you. Nothing is your fault.

You have your hopes, other people have theirs. It doesn't even matter if you have a wall up. (I know about walls. I have them and they're made of pre-stressed concrete, some would say!) You meet someone you like and...get to know each other.

But quite honestly, someone coming out with "I'm gonna make you fall in love with me," is over-the-top. Sounds nice and romantic in an oblique, controlling way - but you ask yourself "do I want him to make me love him? What can he bring to my life? What can I give to his? Do I want him to love me back?"

A week is very short to believe yourself in love. It can happen. I do believe in love at first sight. But it doesn't turn into what's happened between you so quickly. If it's been intimate there might be cries of love but it's so often the intimacy that's loved, not the person. Most people can't possibly get to know someone in a week.

So nothing is your fault...as yet. But you own your emotions and if you persist and end up disappointed, that will be your fault. You need to make a decision now - is he worth it?

Of course we only hear one side of the story here but he sounds a difficult person to get on with. Pretty dodgy. If some bloke said to me "I'm going to make you love me" my sense of mischief would light up and I'd probably say something like "But can you afford me?" or some other jokey thing before telling him it doesn't work like that.

to be honest I found it kind of cute but same time I was like no..

I just fall for people quite easily to be honest once I open up..

to be honest he doesn't even talk to me anymore..last message I sent him wishing him good luck with everything.. and I knew he won't reply..

yes I know you are hearing one side of a story and I'm not trying to bash him or anything because majority of time he did start conversation and was so loved up and I came out my shell bit by bit but not as affectionate as him considering its so soon.. so maybe needed to put in more effort but he knew how I felt about him