Thread: Is Jesus Angry?
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Buddha did spend a lot of time away from Society.... and realized it didn't give him the answers he was seeking....

' Siddhartha followed this life of extreme asceticism for six years, but this did not satisfy him either; he still had not escaped from the world of suffering.'

The middle way.

He abandoned the strict lifestyle of self-denial and ascetism, but did not return to the pampered luxury of his early life.

Instead, he pursued the Middle Way, which is just what it sounds like; neither luxury nor poverty.

There's nothing wrong with pursuing ' Worldly ' things, it's the ' Attachments to the Desires ' that cause suffering.

Yes, but he had to do it in the first place, you know, to try everything.I've read about Buddha's story, one of the most amazing I ever read, I indentify myself with Siddhartha when he first became aware of the suffering in the world and I am trying the very same thing, to free myself from this illusionary world, I pushed myself even further and nothing changed.

Nothing wrong, true, but my faith goes to the teachers of the "old world", they were truly sincere, for me, Christ is the greatest of them, but that's just me... I never met Buddha in my OBEs but I did used to lotus position to meditate once while having an OBE, it was amazing.