Thread: Is Jesus Angry?
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
It's a bit funny because if you take a look at Jesus or even at Buddha, they needed time away from society, in this society I don't think one can get closer to the Creator.There are so many christian monks who chosed solitude and now are remembered for their miraculous actions.Jesus or even Buddha, they both gave up the things of this world, they had only their clothes on themselves.... I see that the isolated retreat it's a crucial component in Buddhism... it's the same in christianity but it's not such a popular thing, only the people that feel called to do it chose this path.

Can't you notice that the "teachers" of today's world are very rich and when looking at the "teachers" of the old world, they had no material treasure? They may say money means nothing, but to me, this is a sign.Let me tell you this, money means nothing to me, I use it only to help people and my family, if I would become very richer over night, I would give up everything without telling someone about my action.This brings back in my mind that just some time ago I tried to guess the lottery numbers while in deep meditation, it was just for fun :))) I knew that it's not going to happen because I don't need money... of course, I saw some numbers but I did not cared to remember them

The Buddha did spend a lot of time away from Society.... and realized it didn't give him the answers he was seeking....

' Siddhartha followed this life of extreme asceticism for six years, but this did not satisfy him either; he still had not escaped from the world of suffering.'

The middle way.

He abandoned the strict lifestyle of self-denial and ascetism, but did not return to the pampered luxury of his early life.

Instead, he pursued the Middle Way, which is just what it sounds like; neither luxury nor poverty.

There's nothing wrong with pursuing ' Worldly ' things, it's the ' Attachments to the Desires ' that cause suffering.