Thread: nature spirits
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Knower

As a young boy, I used to go on long hikes with my family, and it was during these retreats into the woods where I would sense a numinous sylvan presence all about me, as if I had entered some enchanted realm imperceptible to the kin who accompanied me along the trail.

It was not only the redolence of the autumnal leaves and the refreshing caress of the September air upon my skin that I fell in love with (we often hiked during the Fall months when the leaves had turned a beautiful reddish color), but the enthralling presence of the nature spirits about me that I intuitively sensed were there, blowing in the soft breeze and behind the trees and below the underbrush, and which I sometimes would hear speak to me in whispers. This, without any invocation on my part.

As I later would go onto learn from my orphic studies, contact with such planetary co-inhabitants may be directly linked with the esoteric wisdom that’s contained with the depth of one’s unconscious.

One book I greatly enjoyed reading later on in life was Michael Roads’ “Journey Into Nature”; this, a follow-up to an earlier one of his. It is this very inter-connectedness of all things that Mr. Roads went onto experience firsthand for himself, in his becoming one with the air and water and animals about him, and what his fascinating book recounts in absorbing fashion. Mr. Roads even went onto encounter the sagacious Pan of all beings. It doesn’t get any better than that! How I do love this whimsical panflute-toter. (As a complement to my read, after each sitting I would listen to “Hymn To Pan” by Faun.)

It is my feeling that the Elementals have not changed form in order to fit into our regrettably disenchanted millennium. Some think they have taken on the form of space beings. Hooey. The fairies and the sprites and the elves and the gnomes live on, unchanged. Is this because no country gardener would care to have a cold, metallic creature mar his scenic natural landscape? I think that’s a part of it. These fey creatures, I speculate, do not care for our mechanized and encroaching widgets and wedges into their otherworldly territory. It is why one never hears of reports of Grays seen tending to the soil, for the primary reason that they likely have no skill at or no interest in grounds-keeping to begin with, but also because the Grays and the Elementals are not one in the same, as some within the metaphysical field adamantly believe to be the case.