View Single Post
Old 14-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Namaste Greenslade,

Yes, it can get confusing when it is not understood or made clear as to the context in which "ego" is being talked about.

I tend to relate that everything has a spirituality to it. Nature can show and does show the interactions and connections. Can be observed and felt if one cares to do so. Even if not its influences are felt.

Yes, there are some that choose sides, that pick and choose the parts he/she likes and ignores or find fault with the parts that may not conform to his/her set ways of looking at it.

What I have come across though, this is not the case for all teachings, philosophies, theologies, or realizations. Some look at delving into thoughts and how thoughts may construct what one thinks is real or all there is. Thoughts are just thoughts, until manifested into patterns, habits, actions.

In this way feel psychology and spirituality are not so far apart.

Psychology also has its concepts, labels, theories, and observations. Categorizing the self so that aspects may be examined and explored as to how they fit/influence each other.

This is how I am viewing it at present. The way my mind works is that it views both sides and evaluates what makes sense or can relate and what doesn't.

I can kind of get the whole no "ego" thing if one views oneself as not being parts, but the whole being. For me, this is true in essence, but working through aspects of myself and the interactions that happen in life find this not very practical.

Yes, unless one is completely detached from the world and people ego plays into it all. How it is identified, self image created, world image created in the mind, all seem to play into it.

Some may even say with in the mind it is all a construct, for what is thought to be is not all it is. Which if one desires control, suppose can be quite disturbing.
For another,may just be living as it comes and going on from there, without a care about any of this.

Spirituality can and does get bogged down, in some ways in what gets created from holding too tight to the words and not fully understanding what is actually being pointed at or symbolized.

It, at times, comes across to me like taking a chapter out a book, then saying that is what the book is about.

"Ego" is just one aspect. As you point out there is much more. Can be found through studying psychology on one level. Practicing a spiritual way on another, or just paying attention to what is happening.

We are all of Spirit and therefore spiritual on some level. Some talk about it and others just live it. It is noticed by another. Most of the time not so much one trying to be this or that, but just by the person is being. The presence of another is felt and the energy he/she carries is felt. Ego (self/personality)and all the other parts blending into the mix

Am not all sure where to go with the no time thing. As far as I can gather it all seems to intertwine. What I am experiencing is the present moment, created by what has occurred, creating what will be. All in a continuing movement and intertwined.
Namaste Moonglow

The more I've spent time looking objectively at Spirituality and not waxing lyrical about it, the closer to psychology it becomes. At one time I was quite excited at being Spiritual, being on the forums and engaged in all this esoteric stuff but after a while that all died. I think the turning point was when I was building a website of all things to do, and this particular one was giving me problems. To understand the problem better I thought to myself 'What's in it for me?' I asked to same about Spirituality. I also couldn't figure out why any Spirit would choose to Live a 'useless' existence. If we chose our existence here as in Karmic Obligations/Life's Purpose and we were 'here to learn the lessons' then what of people who simply can't process Spirituality because of their genes? Does having 'Spirituality-capable' genes mean that some people are born more equal than others? Does that mean the people who are not Spiritual are doomed to purgatory for eternity?

Strangely enough, Self Actualisation is one of the 'cornerstones' of Spirituality and it's also top of Maslo's Hierarchy of Needs - and Spirituality also fulfils a few more. How much is 'raising your vibrations' and Spiritual development the same as Pavlov's Theory? I went into both of those while I was training the trainers, it was a part of their curriculum for understanding personal development.

The real paradox is is that while people are busting their chops to become 'Spiritually advanced' everything that can happen, is happening or will ever happen is happening because there is no time. So, while we're trying to advance Spiritually we're already there, but we've chosen to forget that so we can feel better about working on our Spiritual advancement.

Being Spiritual is a self-image just the same as anything else in the 'real world' and people identify with Spirituality and being Spiritual just the same as they identify with being a football fan. The only difference is that Spiritual consciousness is 'higher grade' and more important than any other. Allegedly.

It's all layers, as Raziel there points out.

But how much of any development - personal. Spiritual or any other - depends on you being you and me being me? If there was no you and no me we couldn't have this conversation, you wouldn't be able to see you because I'm not here to reflect you and there wouldn't be a you to reflect. The way things are gives us a good, solid feeling that you are you and I am me, and therefore we can interact. It's a process of individuation that's going on, not one of unity - we came from unity.

You can't run away from who and what you are, although many would rather not look at certain aspects.

In Spirituality, there being no time is a lovely concept and something to trot out when you want to sound Spiritual, yet still the conversations go to their being a concept of time. If there is no time then what happens to Spiritual development, karma, Past Lives????? Wrinkles?? Nobody has explained why I have wrinkles if there is no time.