View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Which ego are we taking about? Because the Spiritual ego and the psychological egos seem to be two very different beasts. The psychological ego is best defined by Jung and quite frankly we couldn't function on this plane of existence without it. The Spiritual ego isn't defined - or at least I've never seen one - but it's portrayed as the very Victorian root of all evil, but it boils down to judgement really. If ego is a 'bad thing' that's judgement; the judgement is never gone, it just gets ignored.

When you accept your Spiritual energy your ego (real ego) isn't gone, it's transformed into a part of your being and you understand the interaction between those two aspects of yourself to create something that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Exactly, the whole package and not just the Spiritual parts.

To me both variations of Ego are the same.

Psychological Ego is how the world is defined, understood etc Spiritual Ego is another layer where we add into the mix the ethereal realm & the spirit on top.

It depends on the reality of "the unconscious".

Where is it - why can we suddenly access information that we were not aware of previously?

Is it genetic memory, observations noted by some internal filing system accessed under the right circumstances or is it us tuning into the universe for a split second to access the the focused knowledge?

I have read that a sub school of Advaita Vedanta proposes that Mind or Spirit is created long before birth.

Any way you slice it - we are because we are.

Every peel of the onion reveals more layers.

Becoming comfortable with the fact that science will theorise & dissect yet may never fully crack the many abstract concepts out there is for me that "letting go" process. Psychological ego is akin to calling complicated computer software "D.n.a" : it's nearly there but there is a lot more on top ..
- the software exists because of Bob the programmer - but he exists in his form largely due to D.n.a - which exists because of ...

It's that paradox of understanding that you already understand everything that you don't understand.

Psychological Ego may well be plagiarising the workings of something higher by dumbing it down to our level or psychology may create concepts as to why we invent the spiritual in order to feel as if we could possibly understand the infinite universe.

Both are nothing to do with us yet they are.

As previously mentioned it's the Ouroboros - snake eating it's own tail.

Therefore not having Ego is living outside of it all - even if you exist as a human on earth - accepting that the cosmic umbilical cord is forever attached.

The realisation that you are not your genetics, your experiences, your mental state, your title - you are all and more.

On a side note: anyone pointing out "something moving" them or "not moving" them is over egging the pudding. If you are going to be moved or motivated you will be, if your not moved you will cast it aside - not create a bunch of flashing signs to tell everyone else that your "not moved" to act.

"Look mama I'm not reacting" - yes dear well done, now try again without the noise & bravado.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain