View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I wish you all the best too,.

The point I am enquiring about, is that are there many realisations, or just one realisation with many ways to achieve it? I shall use the example of Siva being Brahman, so to be 'one like Siva' is to attain Brahman, which would be the same outcome for an Advaita Vedantin, would it not?

No,

Advaita Vedantin is more like all there is, is Brahman.

KS and I believe in the Triadic Heart of Siva really talks about the differences. If you look at the teachings of AV they don't really describe what the end result is. All they say is that it is indescribable, beyond words, etc.

KS goes into great detail what being One like Brahman is like as well has mentioning the powers of creation that one achieves with such a realization.

Yet, KS has no real concept of emptiness like in Buddhism.

The difference is kinda like this using some Taoism terms.

You have the Dao, then the One that emerges from the Dao. From the One comes Two, male/female but this is really void and form.. not a persons sex.

AV stops at the void of the Two. Now some in AV would say that the One and Dao are on and the same. I disagree.

One like Siva is the One that emerges from the Dao, it is universal consciousness.

A Buddha is one that has realized the emptiness of universal consciousness or has realized the Dao.

As an example think of all the AV gurus, how many do energy work with others? They talk about silence.

Here is Ramana:

Quote:

What exists in Truth is the Self alone. The Self is that where there is absolutely no "I"-thought. That is called silence [mauna]. The Self itself is the world; the Self itself is "I"; the Self itself is God.

The inner silence is self-surrender. And that is living without the sense of ego. Solitude is in the mind of humanity. Silence is ever speaking; it is the perennial flow of "language". It is interrupted by speaking; for words obstruct this mute language. Silence is permanent and benefits the whole of humanity.

There is consciousness along with quietness in the mind; this is exactly the state to be aimed at.

By silence, eloquence is meant. It is the best language.

The thought-free experience of the Self is silence.

There is a state when words cease and silence prevails.

That state which transcends speech and thought is silence.

That state in which the "I"-thought does not rise even in the least is silence.

The experience of silence is alone the real and perfect knowledge.

Sages say that the state in which the "I"-thought does not rise even in the least, alone is Self which is silence. That silent Self alone is God; Self alone is the individual soul. Self alone is this ancient world. All other knowledge are only petty and trivial knowledge; the experience of silence alone is the real and perfect knowledge. Know that the many objective differences are not real but are mere superimpositions on Self, which is the form of true knowledge.

Silence is only on aspect of ourselves.