View Single Post
Old 18-12-2016, 07:29 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I didn't realise there was a 'stoner type' and I only quit recently because it was leading to tolerance and dependence - I was pretty much dependent on it anyway. lol

For me, it becomes 'damned if I do' and 'damned if I do not' so I tried abstinence - I mean the chemicals that get added to it are shocking and give me a headache.

You'll know when I write stoned because Advaita Vedanta (non-dual thought) is all I ever write about and I tend to not give a flying elephant about anything.

I gave up because why smoke when I have something better than that - it's free and I can access it whenever - it's called Shiva-love...but even Shiva is associated with herb...I cannot escape it.

However, I am able to fully let go on it and be more opening and accepting.

I bet this is something you thought you'd never find out about me eh?

There is the TV stereotype of a "stoner-type" that many I know do fit. Some choose to cultivate that image because they can, or so I suppose. But sometimes I also think those who fit the stereotypes more started earlier, like around 10-15, rather than already an "adult" like me. There does certainly seem to be a "cannabis culture" with slang and customs that I leave up to my boyfriend.

I prefer to be more discreet because it isn't entirely legal haha. And there are still those negative stereotypes, like I don't have enough reasons for folks to heckle me. But I certainly don't mind when people in their 40s-60s call me a "genuine flower child". It isn't entirely surprising that you'd smoke, but it is kind of surprising that you'd say so. I guess you seem to be the discreet type like me.

My humble advice would be to go for it, since it does help you relax more. If you can do it in moderation, that way the effects stay consistent, and you won't be so strung out when you run out. It is a medicine like any other medicinal herb. If you had a cold, I imagine you'd partake in a remedy. But not all day every day so that your sinuses stop up without a regular decongestant.

The same applies to mental/emotional distress. Depression, anxiety, anger, etc. Sure you don't necessarily need a mind-altering plant, the mind and body are remarkably powerful on their own. But I don't see anything wrong with a soothing smoke, calming tea, or occasional tincture when symptoms of stress become too distracting. Sure you can connect with God for free, but I don't think anyone minds if you need herbal help to chill out first.

But I do have to admit, sometimes I don't feel like meditation "counts" if I'm high. It's just so difficult not to be distracted by every little noise otherwise. Including constant mental chatter, perhaps because I fear that I won't "come back" if I just "let go" and fully relax. Kinda silly haha. Regardless, cannabis is an invaluable plant for making socialization more tolerable.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.