View Single Post
Old 18-12-2016, 06:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Eh no religion fully fits me.

And you really don't seem like the "stoner" type haha. But I can definitely sympathize; I was semi-pressured into smoking when I was 18 as a last-ditch effort to help my anxiety/anger issues, and I'm glad I finally dismissed the disinformation and tried it. My parents treat Mary Jane as my psychiatric medication.

Apparently it makes me "nicer" and "less intense".

BUT while I believe psychoactive plants definitely have a purpose, I also think they should be used in moderation. Which I may or may not have a problem with. Even coffee should probably be used a little more sparingly, and tobacco in moderation could have medicinal benefits if grown organically; both can be used to treat atropine poisoning and certain decongestant overdoses. But almosy any natural or synthetic substance can lead to tolerance or dependence if overused.

So why exactly did you stop smoking completely, if I may ask?
I didn't realise there was a 'stoner type' and I only quit recently because it was leading to tolerance and dependence - I was pretty much dependent on it anyway. lol

For me, it becomes 'damned if I do' and 'damned if I do not' so I tried abstinence - I mean the chemicals that get added to it are shocking and give me a headache.

You'll know when I write stoned because Advaita Vedanta (non-dual thought) is all I ever write about and I tend to not give a flying elephant about anything.

I gave up because why smoke when I have something better than that - it's free and I can access it whenever - it's called Shiva-love...but even Shiva is associated with herb...I cannot escape it.

However, I am able to fully let go on it and be more opening and accepting.

I bet this is something you thought you'd never find out about me eh?