View Single Post
Old 22-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Vey

Inner Sanctuaries and curiosity

Hi everyone,

As a person of a relatively young spiritual walk, I haven't had many chances to inquire unto others about their own means of spiritual expansion/development/achievement, etc. So, I would like to make one such specific inquiry per the topic of Inner Sanctuaries and their concepts/methods that people may hold to them.

Briefly to establish my own standpoint, I have been practicing meditation for a while, mainly breath focusing and simplistic visualizations. So recently upon trying to become more in tune with my higher self, I began feeling this Inner Sanctuary, and letting it be.

I'll spare the whole story for brevity's sake, but basically my own is currently two clearings in a beautiful woodland, a stream connecting the two. In the smaller (which I always arrive in first), a tree stump sits in the middle. The larger, a great obsidian-like pyramid-temple for my own deeper meditations and connections to my soul.

So! If any of you share such places, what are they like for you? Do you use them in the same ways? I'd like to know, for curiosity's sake :)