View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Master
I google imaged and it shows pictures of what I know as morning glory flowers? is that the same thing?

ahhh we have these growing a bit around here, though it's mostly in this back area behind the house that is not part of our property, and separated by fences and weird shed buildings and stuff the previous owner had built back there lol.. anyways, I just love looking back there, or actually going there, and I feel it is so very magical.. there are purple and pink flowers in addition to the white ones. Actually it specifically reminds me of this story I was read as a girl, about Morgan and the Unicorn and I feel like a princess peering into that area with those flowers.

So as you might guess I personally wish more were growing around and celebrate the new growths I've seen last season. However, of course I can definitely relate to you not wanting these overtaking your yard. and I don't know if your vine even has flowers, but I digress... For me it is a troubling perplexing conundrum to consider when it comes to invasive species of plants, and even trees because I love them soooo much, yet if for instance the yard is populated with gigantic trees, no Sun can shine in! and too many 'weeds' or whatever plants growing around can inhibit the growth of other things you want to grow, and you know how it goes..

So it tears at my heart that sometimes it is necessary or even good to destroy these beautiful little gems which do deserve to live yet perhaps simply logically and sensibly cannot remain.. I mean I love to sit on the ground and lower my head and stare at the dozen or so different green weeds you can usually see in a given patch of grass. and usually half a dozen 'weed flowers' around too. I adore them and have had fights with my fiance for him continuing to mow the lawn lol.. and I even learned some cool things about weeds. but at the same time of course I know that sometimes they just gotta go, or else whatever other things you want or need won't grow.

Some of the interesting things I learned about weeds, are that seeds can lie dormant beneath the Earth's surface for decades even, and then when the proper growing conditions for them are created they will start thriving. The sweetest part about that, is that most weeds have a specific person. Like one will remove mercury or certain manmade toxins from the environment or ground, and certain acidity or alkalinity is required for particular weeds, and they transform the soil and so on. Although this is not always going to be for the greatest good according to your yard, it generally is for good that the weeds behave as they do. There are a lot of toxins besides mercury that they can help transmute.

And surely most reading this are aware of companion planting. Which you could actually use that to your advantage in this case, and plant something you do want that'll deter the bindweed from growing over in your area. Btu what my main piece of advice after and aside from all this musing, would be to use essential oils. especially since you've used weedkiller which I don't want to know what that consists of... essential oils will work better and not harm your yard or even you in the process..

I'm sorry but I think the fact you sprayed it with poison (unless your weed-killer is actually as benign or beneficial as something like pure essential oils are) would make the bindweed and its ethereal components hesitant to talk to or listen to you. as I see taurus already pointed out lol.. Hopefully there is an inexpensive enough and effective essential oil that will work with the bindweed. It can have other benefits on your yard too. I'll help you research the subject if you can't easily find what essential oils could work.