Thread: Peace
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Master
Peace

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”

― Dalai Lama XIV

In this world I find myself immersed and open to much of life's movements and behaviours. Very aware of them as they are and require to be. The more extreme nature of war and pain, inflicting and harming others has been part of my walk of over the last six months challenging me to hold my peace. Being more open to life in so many ways in myself and with a willingness to look at life directly as it is, can be challenging, not only to my empathy, feelings and heart, but also my peace within me.

When you are open and aware in this way and staying present with what is, it not only challenges you in the pain and harm others endure, but the nature of those inflicting pain, provoking others in their pain, who seek to hurt and harm. This one is trickier and more of challenge. I am very aware of this behaviour, being a projection of their own pain and suffering in some form. I understand this.

Many will say, that each person has their own process and journey, but we as humans in the inter related nature of all life in every way life is, have a personal responsibility to all life where we can and with what we have to support other life.

SO even as I may understand the nature of suffering and pain in everyway it inflicts and tries to bring others down, understand everyone has their own journey, I also understand that we all have choices and our choices change the more we all choose as a whole.

The most important aspect of life is to take care of life in my view. Take care of those who are harmed and hurt, inflicted upon. I know for myself I do what I can in my own world. I observe and listen, discern and try to support life as best as I can in the circle of life I am involved in.

Life outside of my own reality still affects me. I take in what is there, and allow myself to be aware through much going on. I don't do this to inflict myself with pain and misery, but simply to build a deeper awareness of life, all life as it is and move myself accordingly.

I learn from life in myself, to understand how life is as it is, to build my own peace through all that deeper and aware.

I am beginning to understand the quote above. It is a practice in me to be aware of others, stay open but not let others affect me where by I lose my peace. The world around me challenges me to dig deeper, because the worlds struggles, wars and pain is much greater and much deeper than my own now.

Where I am in myself aware and at peace with my own pain body, being aware and conscious of the world's pain and suffering, has been much harder, to sustain my peace, being more open and clear, I find in myself, the pain hits harder because your open and feel it all, the pain is heavier pain, harder suffering than my own in most cases but I use this awareness to not be afraid, but more to be aware and dig deeper.

I use the reflections to move me deeper and ground me stronger and I feel myself now finding balance in this way more so than ever before.

Much of my own suppression in feeling, as child was to suppress the pain of others around me that I could feel and were completely skewed and false to me. So my signals of others pains and fears, became my own. Opening up again, you have to be willing to feel it all again and build a deeper grounded level of peace that is no longer trapped in fear.

I choose to look at life more directly to build my peace deeper, my feelings flow more freely and I am aware of myself as I was and how I can be now.

And as the quote above suggests, my process and body feels more like it can be aware in this light now.

Thank Buddha..(Just to be different.. )

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder