View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternityForAllRadio
How far along was this particular baby when it was miscarried? I ask because afterlife evidence (i.e. channeled beings) tells us that the soul typically enters the fetus around the three month mark in the pregnancy.
Most people here, with a few talking about personal experience of pregnancy (based on the simple ability for aura readers to detect a new and distinct soul within one's own body) are talking about souls decending after 5 or 6 months, sometimes later or not at all.

I wonder why you differ?

Quote:
This is why the risk of miscarriage is significantly lowered at twelve weeks (or three months).
I couldn't find statistics for this apart from a layman article citing a inverse square law.

Plain survivability of foetuses with artificial support becomes 50% after 24 weeks, rapidly ascending after that time.
50% of those after 26 weeks don't have significant neurological disability (source). Earliest survivor is 21 weeks, 6 months.

Most legislation is around the same time, based on this, other perceived judgements about development of the foetus, balance of rights, balance of debate etc.

This ties in with the 5 or 6 months although it's not even close to conclusive.

To repeat earlier comments about "life at conception", it takes a day for the sperm to reach the egg and another day or so for it to implant (sometimes it naturally doesn't). So when does life begin?

It's notable that the even the Old Testament says nothing about when abortion becomes murder (Jesus never even skirts the subject).

The coil is designed to stop fertilised eggs implanting - are these then designed to kill 'accidental people'?

As always, it is the mother who has to make the final decision, preferably taking into account the wishes of the father and others. I only wish to help by providing accurate, unbiased information.