View Single Post
Old 13-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Experiencer
I grew up in a Catholic family. I have been an acolyte for some time.
I recognize your situation and I sympathize with you.

My mother married as a virgin. She got 7 children with me being 6th. She wanted particularly me to stay virgin until I would get married some day too. She ruined my youth by that. I have had some serious issues with her.
My father was more open minded but he didn't have the strength to put up with her. My mother had a dragon kind of character.

It can be difficult at times, very difficult. I strongly suggest to go on on your new path. Read spiritual books like the ones I recommended you earlier. They can bring you great insights.
Every life has it's challenges. Inner changes can require to choose for solitude, but that depends on everyones own character.

You might benefit from alternate practices like yoga or meditation, tai chi, etc.
But don't just block your inner feelings or push them away. You have to work them through and create a new conscious from it.
Takes years to do that, but you live in an eternity. The eternity is in you. So plenty of time.

Don't be afraid to make choices nobody else in your environment does. You are a divine spark of God. You represent God. Me too. Everybody does.
Making different choices will bring you to experiences and understandings that you may never even dreamt of.

It's hard sometimes, very hard. I know all about it. But it's worth it.
Perhaps your life may be easier, I don't know.

With the right spiritual knowledge you can open up your mind in so many ways. It will give you so much more awareness. You have to go on.

Come on, rosiegirl. You can do it.