View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
No person, no ideas, no desires, no self caused suffering.

I think the answer to find the cause is me. I am the cause. So live without an I.

It's funny because if I read that statement I try to imagine how life would be without an I. Imagine it, think about it, have a concept of it... all of which keeps the I going...the I based on thoughts.

What is life like if we drop all thoughts? If you have any kind of answer, you have not dropped all thoughts.

What is it? It's what is has always been, before you came to be and exactly the same after you left. Nothing changes at all. Because the you was never you. You were just distracted by a shiny object which is thought..... if you look away it's like turning off the radio or the tv... inner and outer peace is born.

What do I think about desire? Is it good or bad? Really if I just am I have no idea what desire is. I am not experiencing it. I am listening to the silence around me, sensing the warmth of the room, the inner and outer contentment and peace. I don't know what desire is because it is not here, a part of my now. I just am as I exist before any thought is present. In this mystery, in wonder. In this peace compassion and love is born. I think it moves with acceptance, non-judgement, with passive surrender, without reaction, just a calm accepting of whatever is without any desires for it to be anything other than what it is. With no interest is a self that makes it into something.

I relate... Eventually all things we think about are thoughts activating us to notice something in ourselves for "just being ourselves" and living our life (being in action) Each thought becomes an activation to both end that thought and if needed an opportunity, to integrate something deeper that might be lingering deeper in our mind/body system "contained' or needing to understand deeper awareness of life or itself as life. So any kind of investigation or exploration serves us in some way to come back to the self just being itself, with less and more, for the ones own walk and life creation. The initial thought, in this view, could be likened to a seed of creation with potential to both let the thought go (and all of its containment) and consequently, build deeper awareness of yourself, for your own movements more aware ..( a more conscious creative process from that point).

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder