View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
My only desire is to have no desires! To be in the present moment without a "person," or thought based self telling me things need to be different than they are, telling me all is not how it should be as it is. So to be in that space, I drop all desires even the desire to be desire-less. Actually, there is no I to drop anything. It's all just a bunch of thought based mind games. Throw the whole thing out. Live without thinking and ideas. Be conflict free, within and without.

All things we think about, have a place within (our totality of being) where there is nothing to think about. So being aware of yourself thinking means all things can pass through nothing if we allow ourselves to go to that place in ourselves. I like my ideas that flow from an open clear mind all the same. I like thinking about things, only now I know my mind well enough to know where my thinking is coming from. That to me is more what I would liken to an empowered mindset. Or clear knowing, where you let the flow of yourself move deeper beyond just thoughts alone. You let all of yourself interact with yourself.

A young man I was talking to yesterday was firing one hundred questions at me. I sensed within his being he wondered if he could just be a normal guy, do what he loved and do normal things if he goes that deep into himself, he is moving beyond trauma and wanting to delve deeper into a more enlightened way of being. I also sensed (without him saying out loud) that he thought he might lose himself through the process and that was a little daunting. I reassured him being yourself is pretty cool, without all the baggage and old conditioned patterns in the way. You get to experience yourself more clear and more in truth of who you are moment to moment. I did mention even as we "pass through" so much of ourselves through process, let go of so much, you as the person you are and want to be more connected to, becomes more about being yourself more freely and with feelings of being more comfortable in your own skin. He began to understand and feel in himself the hope that he could welcome this next stage for himself.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder