View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
The way I understand my path is to be present with whatever is without bias that would come from the conditioned and conceptual mind. Right now is there a desire? If so let it go, if not desire does not exist for me now.

Like if I say desire is a problem, that may or may not be true. Is desire present in the current moment? I have to look at my actual state, not an imagined one where I tell myself desire is always a problem for me. But then maybe that's the actual state right, telling myself stuff about desire, being in my mind.

Then say I say everyone has desires and desires are good and all of that... here again where is my attention? It is on my thoughts. Desire is a word for something else, to name this something else something I have to focusing my attention on the mind and thought. The conceptual symbolic world not the actual one Buddha says we can also experience and live in.

The only thing that exists is what is present now. But then, yes, we humans can also live within the conceptual mental world where desire always lives and exists.

I am grateful I have desires as long as they don't turn sticky ( dö chag )