View Single Post
Old 15-12-2016, 05:04 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakeningnow
Hello I was wondering if tai chi could have any negative effects for people suffering from mental disorders and whose energy might be wacky. as for me i often have periods of uncontrolled energy spurts and schizoid thinking, paranoia etc. when i do tai chi i feel the chi very good and it really brings me present although i feel it might be on an unrealistic plane of reality. Is tai chi still good to practice with unrealistic thinking and uncontrolled energy levels? I ask because i have read before in this chakra book that those with mental disorders should be careful when they do tai chi, qi gong and yoga etc... anyone experienced and have any advice? please and thank you...
It all depends on whether the practice is done using a western mindset or an eastern one.
In the extreme, the first views it as physical practice devoid of anything else. If done in that way there is little harm. If done as a spiritual practice there is the possibility of energies surfacing in ways which are unfamiliar to us. This means that we have difficulty managing and directing them.
Irrespective of the practice the boundaries may blur, even if only done as physical exercise the celestial realm may occasionally intrude.
Anyone with mental disorders should make sure that they have good support from people who can pull them back out of troubling states.