View Single Post
Old 27-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Depends on the qualities you ask for in a friend/best friend. If mutual support features high, probably not. It's very easy to pretend agreement with someone on-line and particularly social media but they remove spontaneity from interactions which can be so important to some because it's people's immediate reactions that tell you so much about them.

However, I confess having not "made friends" on line for a decade and a half so things may have changed. I wouldn't have called friends I did meet as potential real friends. Just non-hostiles. You can't pop into the café, the pub, go shopping with them, visit them in their homes on a regular basis and stuff.

I've met one of the most important people in my life online and we've been authentic with eachother from the very first day... Going on year five now and our friendship is stronger than ever. We've also met in person and spent quality time together, which only reinforced our bond.
Another person I've dreamt about a number of years ago, prior to meeting online, is also an extremely important part of my life...

In both my cases, the love is as real as it gets.