View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarisun
Okay, so I known about EFT for awhile. I think it used to help but honestly sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure why? I thought you tap on your head, side of eye, under eye, eye brow, under nose, chin, under arm, all fingers but the ring. Also you say "I am...something... but I fully accept myself. I did a quick one on problems I am dealing with for five minutes, nothing. I didn't feel any different. Do I say something that's bothering me and that i fully accept myself? or do I have to be more specific. Like I even did "I feel lonely but I fully accept myself", and things like that that bothers me.

Using generic scripts is not going to work as well as using ones that are tailored for your problem specifically.
You are also unlikely to get results from doing a 'quick one'.

What I would do would be to do a few generic ones (following YouTube videos or finding scripts elsewhere), then once you get a feel for how it works (the set up etc) create your own script specific to the problem you are working on.

Think of it a bit like talking to a therapist, where during your tapping you say about the problem, how it makes you feel, let the 'conversation' flow naturally and let all the emotions associated with the issue arise.

You may find that events from your past, seemingly unrelated to the problem you are addressing, crop up. This event is likely to be key to the root of the issue.
Tap on this event (in a separate session).