View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Knower

I've read Michael Newton's books. A couple of case studies in one of them allude to a separation in both intent, personality and consciousness between the immortal being (soul, spirit, etc) and the mortal (you and I, our consciousness), which I thought was a bit odd.

One of the passages of which I speak are in reference to this girl whose spirit caused her to fall [from a carriage?] and become crippled for life, which in turn would presumably lead her to study more and teach her parents about love, or so the account said.
It spoke of how the spirit waited until the human consciousness was playing in a precarious spot to influence it enough to trip and cause the accident. It implied they had separate will from one another. The implications for this would be at best puzzling and at worst a bit terrifying.

I'm addition, in one of the books there is also talk of parallel lives. If "I" am the spirit/soul consciousness that has chosen to reincarnate and go through a "veil of forgetfulness", how can there be two copies of me in different bodies at the same time? Who gets to have more influence as the observer and decision maker with will? Neither? What are the mechanics of that? Again, it implies that you and I, our consciousness, is the mortal vessel simply used by the spirit, which has its own agenda and will, and is aware of its many lives, past and present, able to influence them to achieve its goal of learning.
It's a bit disturbing, if the books are taken as valid.

Has anyone else reasoned through the repercussions of those things and find them to be valid? What does that say about our true nature, and the nature of the relationship between you, the conscious observer, and the supposed spiritual immortal being learning at your expense?