View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks Amilius777

I like alot of what was spoken here but must admit I have a lot of trouble with the concept of sacrificial service.

This feels to be a sort of belief of old... that to follow the path which Jesus himself took... is one of sacrificial service.

I understand the sacrifice we make... of the little ego self... to merge with the creator... but it seems to me that from the act of re -connecting with the creator the service becomes one where I certainly feel like I gain alot more than I am asked to sacrifice?!

I keep getting this feeling... that one aspect I have had to transcend as someone who was raised in a very fundamentalist Christain belief of sacrifice... that service... to God means... accepting lack...
It seems in my personal communication with Jesus... he is trying to alert me to the true abundance which flows within the serving of God?! Which is something that happens naturally as we connect more wholly with god.

Perhaps I am missing something here?

I am really struggling with what sacrifice actually means and... why it is a message which has become so confusing in some brances of Christianity because to me - it seems there is a flow of abundance once we remember our connection to God...and that god actually wants us to remember that...

Thankyou!