View Single Post
Old 19-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Master
[quote=Gem]

Quote:

Be realistic. Take this ideal 'everyone is entitled to their opinion'. The allow the KKK to hold theirs with the conviction they do for to them that's 'personal truth'. Allow the terrorist to his 'personal truth' and explode the himself in market place.

No everyone is not entitled, and I mean myself, to thier opinion which is a belief which is called 'my personal truth'... because the ideal sounds wonderful, it should be true, but it doesn't work, it is not a practical philosophy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...I don't see how you reckon its 'ideal'.
What causes suffering, is when one acts upon his truth with intent to harm....like the terrorist or Hitler. Just because its personal truth, doesn't mean its correct thinking. There's no way round that.

Quote:

Just look at it with a clean slate and it's like the ocean is wet... beliefs or as we like to say 'personal truth' is a major cause of suffering, but it is equally easy to see that man will not relinquish them.

Suffering is inevitable while there's a human race unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions. We can't survive without some kind of belief system, because without it, we can never learn and evolve. How to harvest food & water. How to recognise danger..etc. These also fall into the catergory of truths/beliefs, passed on by our fore-fathers.

There will always be some form of human suffering. Without it, we cannot know happiness/bliss.