View Single Post
Old 18-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirerose
We will never be.

It hurts right now, yes... take time for yourself. you’re love is beautiful!

This part quoted though... Isn’t a comment like this an expectation? How do you know this is a forever truth?

i read similar statements like this a lot on this forum... and while I understand the need to be ok with what IS, as in right now... and somehow bracing and shoring ourselves up for the undesired future we think we see coming. I feel like sometimes we can make more heartache and drama for ourselves by writing and projecting a final future story that really we have no idea about. Nor do we even want!

Maybe you won’t... maybe you will... maybe you will but it is different than what you originally desired or thought of.

I’m definitely not saying to flip it around and say “I know we will be...” but maybe feel inside if it is helpful for you remain open to unknown possibilities without creating expectation around it about tomorrow and develop acceptance and compassion for the very real discomfort and pain you are feeling now.

Or is saying “it will never be” or “it’s impossible in this lifetime” particularly helpful for you and others in ways I don’t understand? Maybe motivating you not to stay stuck? Does not knowing either way create a limbo such that moving forward is challenging? Or do you really feel like you know this future to be true without any doubt? Just curious about how we talk to ourselves...

Hugs,

TW