View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Knower
When People Die of Addiction

I believe in reincarnation. Like the earth is a school and each life holds new lessons..

Sometimes I wonder about addiction though.
My mother died from alcoholism, my uncle had an addiction to prescription pain pills and either OD or his body just gave out one morning, and Ive had a few acquaintances die from various ODs.

I wonder if they are in this life to learn to overcome such obstacles or maybe they planned to die that way to teach lives around them?

I hear about people seeing loved ones after death but its usually when the person dies of natural causes.
Ive seen my mom a few times after her death, in dreams. Ive had the more nightmare types where she does talk, then Ive had more peaceful ones where she doesnt talk.. but Ive never seen her spirit.
My uncle Ive only seen once in a dream. We were at his funeral but he woke up and climbed out of the coffin, I had the same exact dream with my other, only the surroundings were different.

But Im just wondering if someone dies from addiction why its not common for them to come back to visit.
Is it because we have to work through something that is related with their deaths or is it more like maybe they are unable to visit because they did not complete their goals of this lifetime?