View Single Post
Old 24-10-2018, 06:34 AM
Master

How much advice do you need ? Well here is my two pence worth. I've had such feelings myself towards the proliferation of non duality teachers that have sprung up over the past 2 decades or so. Are you sure it's envy ? I detected a feeling of subtle hate at times towards some of these teachers, perhaps it's not hate but frustration.

But ive started to realise that what they say, ' their teachings' and particular slants on non duality, God or whatever terms you wish to use are just that, they are particular slants, particular ways of pointing. Their use of language is particularly coloured by their own conditioning, although there are core concepts within all of their teachings, the mind, the ego, no self etc. I'm just pointing this out and it has really helped me and now i find i can really be on the look out for a teacher who points in a particular way through words at least. But its ok if that teacher doesn't come. We can all point. Some people are gloriously in love with language in a particular way. People here on Sf have gotten hold of non duality concepts and if you don't logicise (is that a word lol) or cognise or semantise or syntaxise a sentence or an argument or a concept together in a way that they can relate too, they are apt to tell you what non duality is, in their own glorious language of course. Be careful of this type of drama its just another intellectual feist.

So yes these teachers might be better at wording it than yourself? But i thought you were not suppose to be able to describe in words what non duality is ? And so forth. They often claim to be synopsising it for the common man ..well i think that is a claim ...there is also a marketisation of the teaching which you may or may not agree with. Nature has good words too, so have many things including your own vital awareness. Apologies for going on.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge