View Single Post
Old 26-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Whatever the trance-inducing mechanism, technique, or stimulus, he did 'calm' the snake down by the way he 'occupied its attention' before 'lulling' it to 'sleep' - just as stage 'hypnotists' do with their 'subjects'. This wasn't something the snake would 'naturally' do, not in its 'normal' waking life. And a 'trance' (i.e. specifically oriented gestalt of consciousness and corollary attitude) attitude) is a 'trance'!

Please note that I didn't speak of 'magic' mind 'tricks'. I spoke of more power-fully (adeptly?) focused minds-n-spirits mentally and spiritually influencing less power-fully focused ones.

Whatever man.... believe what you want. To me it seemed something physical pulled the trigger so I'm not convinced it actually had anything to do with hypnosis. As I said, the fact alone that he first needed to distract it with both hands the same way a snake expert catches snakes convinces me it was purely something physical. I think the guy just found a physical way to calm the snake by touching it at a certain area and this is not uncommon in some other animals neither, as some people are known to be able to tame and even pet bees while it seems impossible to others. But I suppose we'd agree to disagree on this one because I don't look at these kind of things from a 'spiritual' angle like you New Agers do.

Quote:
I'd bet that if you 'aimed' to 'touch'-influence such a snake like that, there'd be a completely diferent result.

lol as if your result would be any different than mine.

Quote:
This strikes me as being a very Harry-Potter like 'magical' incantation.

Go figure!

Strikes me more as Lord of the Rings-like than Harry Potter if you ask me. But what does this even have to do with anything? I just happen to like fantasy themed lyrics in certain songs over the nonsensical overrated romantic hogwash in most nowadays pop culture.