View Single Post
Old 25-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Yes but what I'm saying is that the cause of this ''trance'' most likely has nothing to do with magic mind tricks and/or hypnosis but rather a natural reaction of the snake's body and mind upon being touched at a certain area. If this wasn't the case, then clearly this man didn't need to touch the snake at all.
Whatever the trance-inducing mechanism, technique, or stimulus, he did 'calm' the snake down by the way he 'occupied its attention' before 'lulling' it to 'sleep' - just as stage 'hypnotists' do with their 'subjects'. This wasn't something the snake would 'naturally' do, not in its 'normal' waking life. And a 'trance' (i.e. specifically oriented gestalt of consciousness and corollary attitude) attitude) is a 'trance'!

Please note that I didn't speak of 'magic' mind 'tricks'. I spoke of more power-fully (adeptly?) focused minds-n-spirits mentally and spiritually influencing less power-fully focused ones. I'd bet that if you 'aimed' to 'touch'-influence such a snake like that, there'd be a completely diferent result.

IOW, this is not a function of just pushing physical 'buttons'.