View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo the cat
Yeah I know what you mean. I debated calling this guy out on his behaviour (not following through with promises of a date). But deep down I knew there was something not quite right about his behaviour. I liked the conversations and banter, I just wasnt feeling good about it anymore. I'd rather be alone than have the attentions of someone who made me doubt myself and question his intentions all the time. A good friend once said to me 'Never chase after someone whos not chasing after you'. So true!

I think you need an answer and some clarity though. Maybe put yourself in his shoes, say you were the one who cancelled the date and never re-scheduled, but texted everyday, then he says "hey do you still want to reschedule that dinner"? Would you think that an unreasonable thing to say?

I agree with everything you said.

You know, after our first date, he started flirting sexually and I told him it's too soon for that. Later on he told me he did that because he was testing me to see how I am.

So I wonder if he's doing that now on purpose too as another test to see how I am, or he's just not that into me and stringing me along. Any of them is nice.

To respond to your question, first of all I wouldn't do that to him. I value and live from integrity, but in the case that yes I did that, that could only be because I don't want to go out wth him anymore, and if he asked me that I wouldn't think is an unreasonable thing to say.

On the contrary, I would think is quite normal, and I even wonder if he's kinda expecting me to ask, that's why he keeps texting every day.

Either way, he's making me confused.

And you know what? Either being a serious relationship or a casual fun thing, it needs to be honest and transparent, otherwise isn't worth it.