View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo the cat
I think that if someone is stringing you along, they are deliberately trying to make you feel confused and needy. They like that they can keep you on the back burner. I recently realised that the type of person who does this is controlling and manipulative.

I recently had a guy do that to me (plan dates but not follow through). I let him go, unplugged him from my energy field etc. I didnt question his behaviour - thats probably what he wanted. I ignored him right back.

Once he realised he didnt have a hold over me, he kept trying different tactics. They didnt work. I realise I dont need or want someone trying to play on my insecurities.

Obviously I dont know anything about your specific situation, but I think I'd forgive that kind of behaviour only if the person had a valid excuse for being flaky.

Good for you for getting rid of him!

Well I met this guy online, we had a few dates, took things further, and then he cancelled a dinner date the next day saying he would reschedule and since then he texts me many times per day every single day, but never mentioned again the dinner date or meeting again.

I feel the texting everyday is the stringing me along. I just don't like it. In any kind of relationships.

I like honesty, and I don't want to be in a serious relationship with him but also don't want to be in limbo world. It was fun up until now, now is not anymore.

I guess the fact he's doing this shows a lot of how he is and I don't like it.

That's what I'm trying to decide now, if I have a honest conversation with him, or just stop responding to texts all together.

I just don't want to stop responding without saying anything, because don't want to end up with him ringing my door bell or whatever.

But please notice, if I do have a honest conversation is because that's how I am and I value integrity, even if he is not like that.