View Single Post
Old 15-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Lorelyen,

You are misinformed (still) about exactly what it means to practice LOA. This is not about visualizing. It's not people sitting on their bums at home saying "I see my money, I see my money." That is cuckoo-land.
I'm sorry, Lora, for having caused you unnecessary typing..... I was quoting someone else: "If you want something you won't be able to manifest it. If you are wanting something it means that you are telling yourself and the universe you don't have it. Therefore you won't get it. You have to believe/visualize you already have it to manifest it." a paradoxical statement from someone who hasn't thought things through. A nonsense. The concept is still built on a foundation of what the person hasn't got!

Quote:
And, I'm not sure I believe that you don't want abundance. That's like saying, "I have no interest in having enough." Having enough means not only right now, but that you aren't totally focused today on what you have to do tomorrow to ...have enough. Abundance is about being relaxed that you will be safe and provided for. That doesn't mean you do nothing to get that. That doesn't mean that you might want more things as time goes on. You continue with the things that you do, especially those that make you happy.
Not sure that's true. "No interest in having enough" isn't really like not wanting abundance. I'm no materialist beyond wanting enough to survive in some degree of comfort. If I should need more - always possible - I'll have to work out how to get it. I have a computer for instance, because it's functionally superior in carrying out the tasks it does compared with any alternative. Were "society" to collapse completely I'll have to adopt different survival tactics, as will we all.

Quote:
There is a saying that "Once poor, you can never be rich enough." That is the opposite of abundance. That is the fear that grips most people throughout their lives. Doesn't it seem like there might be a better way?
Quite likely. They have yet to lift off and size themselves up in relation to the cosmos. quod supra sicut infra, sort of thing.

Quote:
I can't convince you that the Universe is vast enough to provide for you what you need without great worry and effort--because, honestly, there are millions--billions who don't believe that. And my reality is affected by all their thoughts/beliefs as well.

There is this prevalent, persistent and pernicious idea that there is only so much in the world--not enough for everyone, therefore we must (a) hurry to get ours and (b) take it from others in order to have.

We have that attitude about air, about resources, about water, about money, wealth--you name it. And there will be legions who chime in here with absolute proof that it is true. And you can keep believing it.

You only change your mind when you begin to act as if it were true that there is no limit. Then you begin to see the difference in your life.

Not sure what you're saying here. In people's physical manifestation, the planet is a finite resource being relied upon to provide for an exponentially increasing population. That's reality (however you choose to define it - the state we live in, in our physical selves). If people are to continue to survive physically there is only so much that the planet can supply.

Quote:
I choose to believe it is boundless, and I see a difference in my life--gradually but exponentially-- when I do.

I have already quoted someone who I felt said it best: "Your universe in boundless. There is more than enough of everything for everyone. "

No one is making you accept that premise. Just keep on keeping on until you die. Unless you see a need for change, there is no reason for change.
I won't question your belief. Mine is more gnostic - a spirit caged in this material form to do my stint here; and while in this form I have a duty to keep myself going until my time is up. If my (and anyone else's) time is up when, eg, industrialists hack down enough of our oxygen factories to make breathing impossible, so be it. My time will be up.

There really is no sense in pretending we don't have to live in physical form on the planet and should regulate our needs accordingly. In this corporatized world we are ruled i) by multinational corporations and ii) by politicians who can do nothing about the corporations but believe they can shape our lives according to their views of normality (and fail mostly) happier to wage wars and send the young (spiritual beings lodged here too) out to clear up their messes. If our spiritual practices were seen to threaten the status quo governments/corporations would do all they can to stamp us out - as has happened in the past.

There's enough for everyone - at the moment maybe - but there seems to be a severe problem in its distribution.

But, things as they may be....
Lorelyen.