View Single Post
Old 18-09-2011, 09:11 AM
GregoryScott

Thank you to everyone who responding to this post.

I’m going to be honest. After it happened I just explained it away as a hallucination; end of story. It all changed at the age 21 when I started meditating. Truthfully when I began my meditation practice, it was for health reasons alone. Yes, I had read about some of the spiritual experiences that can occur during this practice; but my rational mind never really believed them. But I’ll tell you what, the first time you’re standing there and you see your body lying on the bed knowing you are 100 percent conscious; it really forces you to change your mind; and I mean quick!

And Mattie, it did; it scared me like you wouldn’t believe. I understand what you’re saying about being in a Theta state; and have had many experiences to understand that’s probably how it happened. And as Scottmana said, my sickness must have triggered this experience to occur. But why; I still don’t know…

I gotta say Mattie, you’re much braver than I am. During my experiences I’ve always stayed close to home, or as you said, I had always stayed within my comfort zones. Of course I regret this now.

WOW is right! This tunnel you saw; well, what do you think it was? Do you think you were at a vast distance from Earth; or perhaps a portal to another dimension? That’s curious… Is it possible the soul itself has to travel this way to reach a far off destination??? I sort of understand the transition for the soul as if severs ties with the physical body, and how it has to travel from this dimension to the next via tunnel/portal. Okay, maybe I don’t understand it completely, but have read enough about it to know that this is what occurs; just curious what you think.

Greg