View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Newbie ;)

13th century consolidation of agriculture ,you say? It began earlier then that. Agriculturally history is unstable, even today, where working conditions for the poor or agricultural workers are terrible with oversight that continues to become more centralized, as you said BrokenCrown.

Reminds me of Roman Thermopolias (modern day McDonalds), the original fast food restaurants for the poor.

Apicius was a recipe book written during Roman times. It explored recipes for fish, a how to salt blood to mask the taste of something. SALT, I think, is a euphemism for anything that masks a flavor or taste familiar that would make a person sick.

The recipe called for the breakdown on proteolytic enzymes, which are present in fish...and oddly, human salivia.

Water was drawn from the tissue of the FISH through osmosis. This created the "Sauce of the Provinces", otherwise known as garum or allec.

It was the Fish-"salting" industry. I don't see what is flavorful about abstracting sauce from fish tissue....its likely the sauce interacted with spiritual constitution of the body, which interacts with the environment. What you eat affects how you feel, think and can lead to behavior that is good-natured.

Pliny, says, indeed, mackral (fish), whatever fish means, is used only for garum.

It was said that this juice must overflow Spain.

The tariff of AD 202 placed a 2.5% tariff on Spanish exports, establishing into law this criteria. Often, historical criteria carries over through the centuries. Therefore many ideas, constitutions (genoa, magna carta,etc.) religions and other philosophies (where do i begin?) are still applicable today.
Spain read differently on a map back then.

Edict of AD 301 separated garum (which smelled of sped up fish) and liquamen.

Really examine the language of the agriculturally industry.

Why are thermpolias, no, fast food restaurants, ubiquitous amongst poorer areas still today? How unhealthy are the foods we are eating, and what is the theater behind the advertising industry, bound to principles from the past.

Eastern Rome was the Byzantium, as mentioned by BrokenCrown. I'm not sure here, but what is the relationship the deput of agriculture in the 13th century, where English barons took over the agriculturally industry, and the diplomatic relations that started in the late 12th century between this 'nobility' wink, and the Byzantium?

How many McDonalds, Burger King, Checkers have you passed today? A miles stretch produces atleast two McDonalds.

Last edited by blindpilot824 : 28-11-2018 at 01:22 AM.