View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Knower

I tend to think of the Crusades, when the 'East' and 'West' split. The three most powerful cultures, Western Christendom, Byzantium and Islam drew further apart, but many of the elite maintained bounds to each other. Society closed off from each other, and I wonder if the elite maintained their relationships in some way? Consider the shadowy shiftiness of the those in power. It the middle ages, which we recognize as roguish and violent, also saw the beauty of poetry. The nectar fed to people often lied, cheated and created group-thought that incensed people over things like 'witchcraft' or 'heathenism'. Why did this happen? Clearly motives involved. Walls are built to keep people out, but the reason for walls often includes violence and danger.

Where did the nectar come from? How did the the brotherhood of bones, speaking in dizzles dialect, build walls around people. I sometimes wonder about what is behind those walls, and how aristocratic assemblies, the monarchs, merchants and barons who were involved with each other, admonished information (books, and knowledge of the past), and what their purpose was? What was so important about hiding things from the free?

I pose this question, how did FREE (meaning not enslaved or bound to a lord) people lose their autonomous decision making? Why is the world becoming more and more centralized, as it was in the past?