View Single Post
Old 28-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Master
I have blood pressure issues, and massage hasn't had any negative effect...just because its written on google doesn't mean its factual.....there is so much contradictory information for the same topics on google,(especially medical type information) one couldnt rely on it but only use it as a tool.....

i trust my therapists to be educated in what they're doing otherwise they wouldn't have the certificates that they have after so much education in their chosen field(well hopefully they can get it right most of the time)...

.And another thing, doctors don't always 'know'the answers for all, and will tell you to go ahead with stuff, which could be quite detrimental to you......they're only as good as what they're trained in or can be bothered with......Ive had some bad advice from doctors in the past ( e.g., my GP told me a skin irritation was nothing to worry about, so i had it checked by another doctor who did a biopsy, it was skin cancer and i was lucky to have had the biopsy as it actually got all of the cancer).....or even, once reaching menopause, not cared about because apparently, menopausal aging women aren't worth the effort......even from female doctors......

Its a dicey thing choosing and trusting doctors or massage therapists even physiotherapists ( once, my physio' made me worse after a treatment that was supposed to help) etc can all get it wrong at times......thats the nature of human beings, we're not all infallible, even with 'you beaut'....degrees from universities etc......humans make mistakes.........