View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That reminds me of the Rami sufi quote: "I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God"

Then the famous JC: "No-one comes to the father except through me"

Then Ramana: http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/wp-...2/who_am_I.pdf
Yes, that quote by Rumi is perhaps my favourite one. <3

Yes, 'Abide as the Self' which often, as Ramana Maharishi himself states, means to observe total mouna - that is both inner and outer silence in light of this awareness...only to have others ask 'what miracle can you perform for me today?' but if they cannot see the Elephant in the first place, how can they tell if it has entered the room?

Then of course, you can ask "Who am I?" and get "Who is asking who am I?" and receive the answer "I am God" and know this to be 100% true...and thus 'abide as God' only to have another quote Jesus Christ who says "the way to the Father is through Me" and for me to say "hang on there...I thought I already was the Father, Son and Holy Spirit here" and they go "nope, you're delusional".

It seems that people make this more complicated than it needs to be...and yes, I've read that book...but now, I'm off to read this one...as if I actually, really need to:

...and see if I can find a commonality between both texts....but maybe it can be found here:

Suffice to say, some people (not necessarily your kind self) should learn how to swim before plunging themselves in at the 'deep end'.

Om Namah Shivaya