View Single Post
Old 13-10-2011, 04:44 AM
moderndayguru

Experiences with the Gods/Deities?

Hi everyone, Im wondering if any of you have had any personal experiences with any of the Deities or Gods. I "bumped" into the wonderful Rudraksha by listening to one of my Guru's Sadhguru. Apparantly the Rudraksha seed is an extremely potent form of Lord Shiva's energy.

I have an undying faith about the hindu deitie's but sometimes my logical mind does question if these deities exist or if they are mythilogical.

But the backbone of my faith is the experience I had with Lord Ganesh.

A few years back, before I even know about Hinduism; i was on a psychidelic known as magic mushrooms. I was having an extremely intense trip, and when I closed my eyes I seen the beautiful ganesh in all his glory wearing the jewelerry in my presence...he didn't say anything and I didn't know what it was...and after I was drawn into hinduism and learned that Ganesh is a very sacred Deity in the hindu faith...thus my deep respect for hinduism...leading me to buy these Rudraksha beads.

I was wondering if any of you had any of these experiences where you've met the deities in any form and what your thoughts are on the Rudraksha seeds.