View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Experiencer

What happens to a total materialist when they die?

This is about my mom. She only believes in scientific "proof". She scoffs at people who experienced an NDE, she laughs about people who believe in a God or higher being (or whatever you want to call it). She is very judgmental. She thinks spirits do not exist. She believes when we leave this body our consciousness will be extinguished, and simply cease to exist.

She also is not interested in any kind of spiritual growth, meditation, healing, etc.

She carries a lot of anger, depression and bitterness in her, so much so that after spending just a few days with her I want to run away, I feel so exhausted and low. (Although short meetings or talks with her are generally sweet and loving.)

I read that people who carry beliefs like her will have a hard time when leaving their body because either they will not believe they are now 'dead' and refuse to move on, or they will create unpleasant or even frightening experiences for themselves.

I don't know if that is true, so wanted to ask here if anybody knows more about the subject. It pains me to think that she will suffer when passing on. I love her.