View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Be it happiness or hardship, perhaps what matters is how we define it and how we look at it.

If our attention is external, our evaluation is based on material transience. On the other hand, if the fulcrum of our consciousness is internalised, there is no evaluation, only nonchalant witness-like observation.

For example, suppose we wonder why the ‘evil’ prosper and the righteous suffer, leaving aside the judgmental aspect of evil vs good from the external level, let us view it internally ...

Our learning is as what we need for evolution. This means that those who erroneously seek happiness in the ephemeral are provided accordingly until they self-realise the futility of doing so. Likewise, those who have already learnt this lesson may be given a harder life to erase residual contaminants of the ego and to refine the sensibilities, besides settling karmic debt. The evaluation of destiny is based upon soul evolution, not momentary pleasure or pain.

With this understanding and acceptance we may then let go of attachments in as much as we are able. With divine assistance.

Such are my views on this enigma of life ...
That's how I 'see' (after 'seeking', in my case) our soul-process as Being, too -woohoo!