View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1987
I know some people can see/hear spirits , but why can't some of us who really want to not see them?, my dad passed over 2 year ago and from time to time I sence he is near by - would be nice if I seen him even if it was for few seconds.
But I also hear spirits won't come near you if they know you would be scare 'ect'

What d'ya think?

Rich,

You're not entirely blind/deaf to Spirit. If you can sense your father I would think you have something there that says you are psychic somewhere along the line. If you weren't you wouldn't be able to sense him. You're clairesentient, perhaps? That means sensing. Most people look everywhere else for their answers except in the place where I believe we get the best ones from - inside ourselves. I would think there's still a strong connection with your dad, if not you wouldn't feel him around you. Start from there.

I'd go along with what Jules has said, perhaps going to a Spiritualist church or development classes might give you a better understanding or be with people who can help him come through. But remember that yes, you can try too hard or want it too much. The other thing I would say is that you hold him in your Heart, so isn't that a good place to start? I'm not saying you should build an alter to him or anything, but even if you light a single tealight candle for him and sit down, sometime when it's quiet. Just sit there and let it all go, remember the good times and see what happens from there. It might be worth talking to him if you can risk being called a nutter lol. He'll hear your voice.